The school which was opened in 1975 is designed on an open plan principle which means that there are three large areas in the school. Each area shares a sink and an art and craft area. An area of the school was adapted in 2015 to provide space for Tain Nursery. There is a further room where children can watch television, hear a story etc. Due to the large number of children attending school we have three classes and our Gaelic Nursery in portacabins.
Our Vision Statement
Working together with our parents, carers and community to inspire learning and achievements
- Creating an ethos where our children are happy and secure and where they feel valued as individuals
- Expecting our children to be aware of their potential and strive to be all that they can be
- Promoting a sense of social justice and personal and collective responsibility
- Providing our children with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to lead fulfilling lives and to participate in an ever changing world
- Developing an innovative and stimulating curriculum for our children
- Fostering creativity
- Regularly reviewing and evaluating our practices and routines
- We are committed to education, inquiry and service in order to meet our youngsters’ changing needs. We foster lifelong learning, and individual growth.
- We pursue excellence within the school community through opportunities for achievement in teaching, learning, creative activity and service.
- We embrace diversity in all of its dimensions realising that mutual respect for individuality and the inclusion of all are vital for both personal and school success.
- We hold high standards of character and integrity as the foundations upon which the school is built.
- We believe in making school fun as children learn most effectively when they are happy.
- We treat our children with respect by listening to, and valuing, their opinions.
- We hope that you find us to be:
Headteacher/Ceannard: Eileen Henderson
Depute Headteacher/Iar-cheannard: Mrs W Patience
Principal Teacher / : Mrs J Robertson
English Department/Roinn na Beurla
P1 Miss C Robertson P4 Mrs J Robertson
P2 Miss C Smith P5 Mrs J Gordon
P3 Miss C MacLeod P6 Mr B MacKay
P3/4 Miss L Carnegie P7 Mrs W Patience and Mrs M Gibson
Roinn na Gaidhlig
P1-3 Mrs E Jack :P4-7 Mrs L Hayes
Learning Support Staff/Luch-obrach Taic Ionnsachaidh
Mr A Latham-Sumner
Mrs Joyce Armstrong
Visiting Specialists/Tidsearan Siubhail
Strings: Mrs D Ross; Chanter: Mr N Matheson; PE: Ms N Swanson;
Music: Mrs J Murray Brass: Mr M Bell
Pupil Support Assistants/Luch-taic Sgoileir:
Miss E Bond; Mrs L Jedan; Mrs A Macdonald; Mrs C MacKenzie;
Mrs Y MacLennan; Mrs A Skinner; Mrs A Wilson; Mrs G Wood, Miss V Anderson
English Nursery Staff/Luch-obrach Sgoil-Araich (Beurla)
Mrs E More; Mrs B Cattanach; Mrs S Murray: Miss K Bain
Gaelic Nursery Staff/Luchd-obrach Sgoil-Araich (Gaidhlig)
Mrs A MacKay; Mrs M MacAulay: Mrs M MacDonald
School Secretary/Runaire na Sgoile: Mrs B Watt
Craighill Primary School
Telephone number 01862892663
School begins: 9.00
School finishes: 14.50 (for children in P1-3) 15.00 (for children in P4-7)
Morning Break: 10.40 – 11.00
Lunch Break: 12.20 -13.20 (for children in P1-3) 12.40-13.20 (for children in P4-7)